Measure Carbon Dioxide (CO2) and Methane (CH4)
Picarro GasScouter™ G4301 Gas Concentration Analyzer
The Picarro GasScouter™ G4301 is a new-generation, light-weight, portable, battery-powered cavity ring-down spectroscopy (CRDS) gas concentration analyzer designed for science on the move. It is a perfect mobile solution for high-precision greenhouse gas measurements in the world’s most challenging, remote environments.
- High-precision ppb measurements of CO2 and CH4 concentrations
- Portable, lightweight (25 pounds), low power (25 W) backpack case
- Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery for up to 8 hours of continuous operation and seamless battery switching for uninterrupted measurement
- Built-in WiFi for mobile operation with a tablet or smartphone in remote locations
- Integrated vacuum pump for various field applications
The GasScouter™ simultaneously and continuously measures CO2, CH4 and H2O concentrations over a wide dynamic range, enabling effective background and emissions measurements. This makes it ideal for efficient, exact identification and quantification of greenhouse gas from biogenic and anthropogenic sources, especially in remote locations. The GasScouter™ is also an excellent instrument for soil flux measurements. The sampling system has an integrated pump. It can be used for continuous field mapping or in closed-loop configurations for soil chamber studies, which makes it a versatile analyzer for field applications.
Picarro patented CRDS technology enables an effective measurement path length of up to 20 kilometers in a compact cavity, which results in exceptional precision and sensitivity from a small-footprint analyzer. A meticulously designed small optical cavity incorporates precise temperature and pressure control. The result is an analyzer that delivers a best-in-class combination of precision, accuracy, low drift and ease-of-use.